'Mungaru Male' going strong even after 125 days
May 4, 2007 - 8:50:21 AM
Bangalore, May 4 - 'Mungaru Male' has completed 125 days but is still going strong amid predictions that it will be the biggest grosser in Kannada cinema.
The top five Kannada films are:
1. 'Mungaru Male' - The film's collections have been stupendous and it is expected that the film will become Kannada cinema's biggest hit.
2. 'Duniya' - This is poised to be a record for a film produced within a budget of Rs.10 million. It is expected to do business of around Rs.80 million. Director Soori, hero Vijay and heroine Rashmi have all become big stars thanks to the film.
3. 'Arasu' - The film, starring Puneet Raj Kumar, has completed 100 days in Bangalore. Puneet's charisma and Meera Jasmine's performance have been a big draw in the major centres.
4. 'Ekadhantha' - The film has turned out to be a losing proposition, but finds a place in this list because other films have done worse. Producers have made their money as it was sold for fancy prices to distributors.
5. 'Bhaktha' - The film opened well, but has slid down the list. However, since it is a low-budget film, the producers may not suffer too much.
All rights reserved by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited ( www.rxpgnews.com )