Remake film rules Tamil box office
May 1, 2007 - 9:17:14 AM
Chennai, May 1 - 'Naan Avan Illai', the remake of K. Balachander's old classic that had Gemini Ganesan in the lead, is slicker and technically superior. It has appealed not only to the urban audience but to rural movie buffs too. Jeevan consolidates his position after his successful 'Thiruttu Payale'.
The top five Tamil films are:
1. 'Naan Avan Illai' - Director: Selva. It is a great entertainer and Jeevan has done full justice to the role immortalised by Gemini Ganesan.
2. 'Unnale Unnale' - Director: Jeeva. Cinematographer turned-director Jeeva's love story has gone down well with the urban audiences.
3. 'Paruthiveeran' - Director: Ameer. Despite new films releasing, 'Paruthiveeran' is rushing to complete 100 days.
4. 'Mozhi'- Director: Radhamohan. Mozhi has been declared a blockbuster and Radhamohan is going to remake it in Hindi.
5. 'Mayakkannadi'- Director: Cheran. The film has left the audience cold. It will be better for Cheran to stick to rural themes. The length is also a deterrent.
All rights reserved by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited ( www.rxpgnews.com )