Venkatesh makes a winner of 'Aduvari Matalaku...'
May 3, 2007 - 8:20:41 AM
Hyderabad, May 3 - 'Aduvari Matalaku Arthale Verule' overtakes 'Dhee' and emerges as the winner among the fortnight's Telugu films.
The top five Telugu films are:
1. 'Adavari Matalaku Ardhale Verule' - Venkatesh's all-round performance is the USP of this not-so-unique love story. Tamil director Sri Raghava's racy screenplay has also helped to make a winner out of a wafer-thin plot.
2. 'Dhee': At last Vishnuvardhan finds a much-needed hit with this love story laced with action. Director Srinu Vytla's flair for comedy has enhanced the film's entertainment value.
3. 'Classmates' - Close on the heels of a moderate hit 'Madhumasam' comes this film with Sumanth as an ex-student. Despite its initial showing, director Vijayabhaskar's unimpressive screenplay and direction could scuttle the chances of this remake of the hit Malayalam original.
4. 'Athili Sathi Babu LKG' - Director E.V.V. Satyanarayana delivers another moderate hit with his son and actor Naresh to keep his banner floating yet again. Despite an overdose of slapstick comedy, the message of neglected parents finds its audience.
5. 'Bharani' - The film has perhaps a message for hat-trick hero Vishal - he should stick to action films rather than risk his career by dabbling in other genres. This family drama has only diluted his image of a daredevil youth acquired with 'Pandem Kodi'.
All rights reserved by RxPG Medical Solutions Private Limited ( www.rxpgnews.com )